Tuesday, December 16, 2008

OK, kids, the proper answer to the question "Is this YOUR weed?" is always NO

But for 21 year old Manhattan resident Brenna Hemphill the answer was (we know, we know) sadly "YES". Brenna lost her purse in Hoboken. Her purse was found on First street. At the Hoboken Po-Po HQ, they found her Blockbuster card and a small vial of ganja. They called her and told her they had found her purse. When she showed up an hour later the Hoboken PD asked her if the weed was also hers.

Audience--what's the correct answer again? Seriously, the purse had been out of her possession and who knows who had access to it. This was an easy one to dodge.

Nope, Brenna said it was her smoke and she was cuffed and booked with possession of a controlled dangerous substance.

"This is world history. There's a globe right there..."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeeeuuup It happened. It happened. But ok, my bag had all my IDs in it, my cards, my iPod, my camera, my winter hat.. I mean seriously... and some amazing human being turned it in without taking ANYTHING. Including my pot. I put in a lost/stolen bag report with the police the night before knowing full well it was in there. Lesser of two evils. And it was only like 2 and half grams. I was so thankful I found my shit that I was too distracted to argue. What have I learned. 1. Hoboken sucks. At least the police do. And the tequila. 2. Don't loose your bag. That's about it.

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

WOW, the actual star of things. I'm truly sorry it happened, I am. Yeah, the cops suck for not just taking it, maybe lecturing you and saying you get a pass this time. Jerks.

On the other hand, I'm amazed, as you are you got everything back. So an unnamed good samaritan in Hoboken rocks and the cops blow.

I hope the rest of this isn't too entirely painful. I was in your very spot eons ago when I was a young buck and the cop made me pour out the baggie onto the ground.

Thanks to for not getting mad I was such a smartass about it.

I owe ya a good drink of tequila!

Not in Hoboken.

Anonymous said...

Just for the record. I got everything dismissed. Booya.