Thursday, July 26, 2012

Look, America is a free country, but that being said

If you're all about turning on a younger generation onto the political system one fuschia outfit at a time perhaps you should have an idea about what your job might just entail if you are elected. Mindy Meyer, 22, state senate candidate from Brooklyn's 21st district gave Capital New York's Azi Paybarah her views on New York Governor Andrew Cuomo:

I asked her about Andrew Cuomo, who has in many ways been a friend to the Republican majority in the State Senate.

She seemed unsure, at one point telling me, "Honestly, I'm not really familiar with him."

I said he was the governor. Meyer later said, "I'm not familiar with him in particular, his issues and, you know, and everything about him. You're asking me how I would work with him?"

Yes, I said.

"Yeah, so, I guess I would have to see if I was elected," she said.

Yeah, you know, since he's governor and all and you want to be in the state senate MAYBE knowing about the governor is a good thing. Hell, knowing about your governor whether or not you're running for office is a good thing. It would appear Meyer's campaign is a little bit distracted but trying to get validation where many 22 fuschia wearing wannabes get validation, from Kim Kardashian:

"My campaign manager just spoke to Kim Kardashian's publicist because she's a diva and everything, so they're getting back to me because we're trying to get her endorsement because, you know, she, whatever, my website is literally like her."

Um, your website is literally like her? Ray J is gonna want residual checks in which case...

No comments: