Thursday, November 19, 2015

The trouble with having a mayor who runs for governor

We're not going to bury the lead, a mayor running for governor can't address anything in real time. Mayor Fulop has had nothing to say about the recent spate of murders and shootings. He's sure had nothing to say about the reval that's coming, perhaps to be force fed to Jersey City by the state. But why? Easy. Anything he says or his spokespeoples say it can and will be used against him in a campaign for governor. Basically the communication on big important issues is non-existent which is severely shortchanging the residents of OUR Fair City. This situation is a bust. Are we supposed to sit around waiting until after Fulop wins or doesn't to be told what's going on or to have a mayor open enough not to wait days or even weeks to spin the best sounding response?

Note to the mayor's office. Johnny was at Park and Sixth last night for dinner with friends, the table behind Johnny were talking reval and a spirited discussion was being had on the reval at the bar at leaving time. The citizenry sure knows what's going on in real time. It's a shame the run for governor costs Jersey City residents honest information as to what it's "leaders" are doing so they themselves can plan ahead.

4 comments:

cubesrubix31 said...

I read your blog from time to time and I was wondering if you are aware of the fiscal irresponsibility that continues to plague the budget of our Division of Public Safety? Not only is a RE-EVAL coming but our Mayor and Public Safety Director are involved in a very expensive tug of war with the fire officers union. Do you really feel safe? The police OT is well over 8 million dollars and we have had 18 homicides this year.

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

cubesrubix31, first off hello and thanks for dropping by. I know the DPS has been an inconsistent hash filled with stops and starts and I was not aware of the tug of war. Feel free to fill in the blanks.

cubesrubix31 said...

do you have an email address? prefer to fill in blanks via email. Do you consider yourself a political activist in JC?

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

johnnyactionspacepunk@gmail.com is the email. I'm an activist in that I'll publicly speak out on topics others might find difficult to or their bosses (I work for myself) or company might not like. I'm an activist in that my representatives do hear from me on topics I find meaningful and I vote. I'm also not shy about helping to get people behind in one direction and push.