Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday night MULTIMEDIA EXTRAVAGANZA with THE ROLLING STONES!

It's British invasion night here at the Jersey City Desk and who better to start than with THE standardbearers for bluesy rock and roll? This song was voted the #1
rock and roll song of all time by the VH1 rundown of the greatest songs in music history. No surprise there. Is there a better rock song with more rock and roll spirit and feeling? Notice how Charlie Watts is almost considered awake for this song. Keef woke up in a haze in the middle of the night, had a tape recorder next to the bed as he always did, and laid out most of this song. He then fell back asleep. He said the other 45 minutes on the tape was him snoring.

The Rolling Stones with 'Satisfaction'

2 comments:

Trixie Junior Space Punk said...

This is so funny - completely independent from my sister blog I decided to go British Invasion, too, but I went 80's. Those Brits sure do know how to find a distinctive sound, don't they?

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

It's funny, I saw an old Ed Sullivan TV show while home sick earlier this week and it was all abut the British invasion so I had my idear