Friday, April 13, 2012

You're a good man Cory Booker

Let's put our political angles aside, let's forget about the Newark vs The Devils row going on, let's take a moment to thank a civil servant for a very heroic act.

Newark Mayor Cory Booker neighbor's house caught fire last night, Booker arrived home, saw the house burning, noticed nobody was outside yet and ran in to rescue his neighbor. Booker was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and second degree burns on a hand. Booker's female neighbor was listed in stable condition at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston with burns to her back and neck.

The Star-Ledger reports on Booker's thoughts inside the burning house:

"I suddenly had the realization that I can’t find this woman." Booker said. "I look behind me and see the flames and I think "I’m not going to get out of here. Suddenly I was at peace with the fact that I was going to jump out the window."

Then he heard her cries in a back bedroom.

"I just grabbed her and whipped her out of the bed," Booker said. The two made their way downstairs, where they both collapsed, Booker said.


You're a good may Cory Booker, we're proud of your bravery and hope both you and your neighbor heal up quickly.

No comments: