Monday, July 8, 2013

The famed Jersey City tradition of 'The Running of the Badgers' kicked off today

Nine days of festivities, tradition and running from wild animals, just like Pamplona Spain. As you know here in Jersey City it's badgers, not bulls the revelers run with. Hey, with a bull the danger is real but lasts only a couple seconds. With a badger, boy howdy if one of those lays into your calf your day is shot. This morning's run through Hamilton Park only saw two runners with minor scratches and one bystander who got a nasty bite. Great fun as always was had by all. Runners and bystanders don't seem to get bit and clawed like they used to before 1994. That's when the Humane Society said the badgers had to be fed before the run. Eight more days of family fun and exercise Jersey City, get out there and have fun. Remember, you don't have to be the fastest person on the course, just faster than the person next to you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnny Action Space Punk said...

Margo,

Some of these great events? Did you look at what I wrote? Of course you didn't you were lining up your link code so you could run a backdoor ad for your company. Do you really think the running of the badgers is a real thing? Tell me, is that something you might bring up to a client? "Ya know, Jersey City runs their badgers just down the block from here." If you'd like that feel free to use it.

I quote Mr. Hand:
"You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to leave your words right up here for all my classes to enjoy, giving you full credit of course, Margo McCann.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Johnny!

No mean to offend, not being from the area I honestly thought it was an event. I have been looking for different reasons to make me want to live in Jersey City.

I have never been to NJ and have heard crazy things! I thought it was a real event, they run bulls in Spain and who knows what Jersey does?

Sorry about the confusion

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

OK Margo. Fair enough. But no, it was simply a silly made up event. You'll find lots to love here but badgers running the streets won't be one of them.

Unknown said...

I am sure Jersey has lots of other crazy things to love! I cannot wait to be in the area! Thanks!