Tuesday, January 13, 2009

This just in, Bret Schundler will NOT be running for Mayor of Jersey City

Claiming the nation's economic downturn has hurt his portfolio and would not allow him to campaign full time, former mayor Bret Schundler has decided not to run. Schundler told NJ.com:

"This will make it impossible for me to run," Schundler wrote in his e-mail. "I had planned to campaign full-time this Spring and to pay my family's mortgage and my children's tuition bills out of investment savings. Instead, I will need to work full-time at an income-earning job to pay those mortgages and tuition bills."

This leaves ONLY This leaves Mayor Jerramiah Healy, former Assemblyman Louis Manzo, ex-City Council President L. Harvey Smith, and Downtown activist Daniel Levin as candidates.

Maybe Johnny should run, he has a vision. He has lots of visions, mostly on Friday and Saturday nights after he takes his medicine.

No comments: