Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So, New York City is looking to ban smoking in city parks and on city beaches--Your thoughts?

This always seems to crank off a few people when proposed, it's already got Mayor Bloomberg all weak kneed, what do you think of this proposal? New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Thomas A. Farley said he's looking to ban smoking in city parks and beaches, furthering the indoor workplace/restaurant ban put in place in 2002. Mayor Bloomberg, ever the hemming and hawing political animal and looking to not upset any potential voters took a wait and see approach to the proposal saying he wanted: “to see if smoking in parks has a negative impact on people’s health.” Hmmmm, well we know it'll harm the smoker's health anyway.

So what say you, would you be in support of furthering such a smoking ban?

2 comments:

Trixie Junior Space Punk said...

I can't say I've been bothered all that often by cigarette smoke in the great outdoors. I think this is a stupid idea but what IS annoying is smokers treating the world as their personal ashtray. I used to plant pots of flowers and would go to water them and find butts in the dirt. Now that's just RUDE.

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

That really pisses me off too. People throwing their butts on the ground or out the car window. If it's too filthy to keep in your car ashtray it's certainly too filthy to let me walk over it. I've been known to MAKE people pick up their butts. I watched one guy dump his ashtray in a parking lot one day and then simply get out and go shopping. He left his windows part way down so I redeposited his trash all over his front seat while he was away. I even tossed in some broken glass I saw as an interest penalty