Citizen involvement and action is a good thing when it comes to government. We love that. But when it's nothing more than a right wing ploy sponsored by FOX News and several Republican groups, it stops being citizen action and becomes corporate political whoring. When a news station sends it anchors to not report on a teabagging event but to make speeches and end their name to the event, it's not citizen activism. Fox News is doing just that today. Here's a list of just who and how this is being funded besides Fox News:
– Freedom Works staffers coordinate conference calls among protesters, contacting conservative activists to give them “sign ideas, sample press releases, and a map of events around the country.”
– Freedom Works staffers apparently moved to “take over” the planning of local events in Florida.
– Freedom Works provides how-to guides for delivering a “clear message” to the public and media.
– Freedom Works has several domain addresses — some of them made to look like they were set up by amateurs — to promote the protests.
– Americans for Prosperity is writing press releases and planning the events in New Jersey, Arizona, New Hampshire, Missouri, Kansas, and several other states.
*Americans for Prosperity is run by Tim Phillips, who was Ralph Reed’s former partner in the lobbying firm Century Strategies.
*Freedom Works is run by former Republican congressman Dick Armey.
As someone pointed out, if you're going to have a huge nationwide teabagging party you're going to need a Dick Armey.
Citizens please, this has nothing to do with activism or outrage, it's STAGED. The student protest at the New School in New York City that broke into a police induced riot was citizen activism. The actual Boston Tea party was citizen activism.
Again, we don't normally take political sides here, we still don't but we know a pig in a poke when we see one