Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday night MULTIMEDIA EXTRAVAGANZA with SARAH MCLACHLAN!

It's getting harder to find these videos kids. The damned record companies I guess don't like free promotion. We're not here to sell you things or run ads in the videos like so many videos on YouTube or MTV try to do. That's crap. We play the video, you might just decide it's time to BUY the song or the record, and you know where to go to do that.

Now, On International Night here at The Jersey City Desk, Canadian Sarah McLachlan, the voice of an angel, and a very very strong songwriter who never loses her own self in her music. You can always feel Sarah right below the surface of her songs. Johnny loves strong women who have a unique voice and story as told by their lyrics. Here is Sarah McLachlan with 'Sweet Surrender' and yeah, if you don't have it, go buy it. Support the artists directly, not some crap product that needs to be prostituted in front of an artist's video.

3 comments:

Trixie Junior Space Punk said...

Hey Johnny, Naperville City Desk has decided to downsize the Friday activities as we're having the same issues. Pretty soon we're gonna have to pay to see videos and NCD is not looking forward to holding a bake sale every week to be able to afford the cool videos.

Um, wanna buy a cupcake?

Anonymous said...

Once again, BIG BUSINESS is trying to wreck anything free on the internet.

Johnny's right, if I see the song on his website, I might be inclined to either purchase the whole CD or buy the single song on iTunes, and either way, the company and the artist makes moolah.

Johnny Action Space Punk said...

It's such crap. I went to the MTV site to get the Smith's How Soon is Now video. It came with a fracking HONDA ad you had to sit through. #1 I'm from Detroit and I'll drive a Honda NEVER and #2 do we REALLY think the message behind the album Meat is Murder is come on down to Dealin' Ray's Honda Yard?

I swear I'll host my own videos. Back in the Napster days I downloaded a lot of music videos and burned them to disk. I can watch them, they're not for profit. I'm not charging anybody to watch them. I'm not making any coin off of them at all. In fact, I'm so worked up tonight, we're getting a BONUS video in the Late Night Open Thread and it'll have MEANING....